Sunday, September 4, 2011

Blog 1: Senior project topic

My senior project topic is surgical technology. I was inspired to choose this topic due to my father. I grew up wanting to become some type of doctor every since I was young, as i grew older i learned that surgery interested me greatly. My favorite type of surgery was always orthopedic surgery, because I wanted to work with bones and people with intense injuries. I was fascinated with the surgeons having to screw in plates and screws to keep bones together and in place while they healed. I decided on doing surgical technology over orthopedic surgery because i want to see what my dad does everyday and why he is so passionate and dedicated toward his job. The accomplishment I would like to achieve after studying this topic is to discover if I grow a deeper passion toward working in the medical field. I believe through studying this topic all year I will be able to determine whether a job in the medical field is for me, and if I would still like to pursue this dream of mine and turn it into my future career.

No comments:

Post a Comment